Monday, December 9, 2013

Besties for the Resties

Everyone!  This is my best friend, Rachel (If you haven't figured that out already) and today is her 23rd birthday!  She's a special one.  She has been one of the most loyal and constant friends I have ever had and I cannot say enough how thankful I am for that.  


I was a quiet, awkward, and lonely person when we met at Tech and she saw me where I was and brought my personality back out again!  We have had loads of fun together, starting with that first semester of our friendship when she and Tori and I became inseparable.  There have been countless midnight Taco Bell runs, drives around town thinking we were the world's best rappers, late night "lake talks" about everything under the sun, and then there was that time that she and KP nearly made Tori and I wet our pants when they scared us at Locke and Dam in the middle of the night!  We know how to make our own fun, that's for sure.

But more than just a friendship filled with joy and laughter, Rachel has been there through hard times.  Times of struggle and soul searching, times of sadness and loss, and times of frustration and doubt.  We have both been through the loss of our grandpas together and more recently the loss of a dog (which we both know counts as a family member).  She has been one to comfort me when I am sad and tell me when I'm being ridiculous and I need to just chill.  

To anyone who hasn't had the chance or taken the time to really get to know Rachel, you are seriously missing out.  She's a good one.  She is the BEST older sister, a thoughtful grand-daughter, a daughter her parents can so easily be proud of, and the kind of friend everyone can only hope they are blessed enough to have!  She has a heart of gold that is always looking to fill the needs of others.  She can put a smile on your face when you need one.  She sees the simple things in life that so many of us can easily overlook.  She knows how to put her phone down and just be where she is and not worry about the stuff that doesn't matter.  She leads by example and not just words.  And most importantly, she has a solid and profound relationship with our Savior that inspires me to dig deeper and sit at His feet to learn more. I can't say enough good about her. 

Rachel has had such a great impact on my life and I pray that I will be able to take that and pay it forward to others.  Happy Birthday Rachel!  Love you, best friend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment