Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Back to the Mountain

Here we go again...another new adventure.

Yesterday, Nanee had a much needed knee replacement surgery.  It might even be my fault a little that she went through with it because when I lived with her and Papa I made her go to the doctor against her will and told her the surgery would be better in the long run.  It went well, was finished in an hour, and she got to go home today!

While she was in surgery Papa said that he would pay me to come home and take care of her for two weeks because she is going to require a lot of one on one care and rides to therapy every day.  With my experience working at RVT they would both be more comfortable having someone there who knows what this recovery looks like.  And obviously, Nanee and I are very close so it would be two weeks that we could spend together.

After a lot of pros/cons list making and phone calls I decided to go.  Thankfully, I intern for an awesome organization, The Michael Walton Foundation, that is going to allow me to work for them through email and phone calls.  So, for two weeks I will be heading back to the mountain to help out and then move back to D.C. to continue my work with MWF.

I'm actually a little sad to be leaving the city again for these two weeks, but I know this is what I need to do and where I need to be right now.  What an opportunity to be there for two of the people who have impacted my life most.  They provided me with a home this summer.  Nanee writes and calls me every week.  And they have both supported me in everything I have done.  I could not be more grateful to them and I can never repay them the love they have shown me, but I am so thrilled for this opportunity to spend time with them.



No comments:

Post a Comment