Sunday, November 24, 2013

New Directions

Last week, I bought a book by Dolvett Quince (trainer from The Biggest Loser) about his "diet" called the "3-1-2-1 Diet".  He doesn't like to call it a diet, because really that isn't what it is.  It is a lifestyle.  What we put in our bodies affects how well our bodies perform.  I am trying to refocus my habits and really make small, but good changes that are realistic, but possible.

My first experiments have been with stevia and quinoa.  Still researching how to use stevia when it comes to baking and cooking, but I've already successfully made frozen Greek yogurt with it and used it in smoothies.  Not bad and a little goes a long way!

As far as quinoa goes, I have yet to try it, but am planning to start experimenting tomorrow.  It has definitely become a trend and something that you see everywhere these days.  Until a few days ago, I didn't know how to pronounce it, much less cook it!  After some research though, I've found a few recipes that I think sound delicious.  I'm sharing the links to the blogs with these recipes and I will try to post how they turn out!  Breakfast recipes first!  I'm excited. :)

Quinoa Sweet Potato Breakfast Bake: http://www.familyfreshcooking.com/2012/02/20/quinoa-sweet-potato-breakfast-bake-recipe/#.UgEeDG2CozQ

Quinoa Omlette Bites: http://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/quinoa-omelette-bites/34e152b7-dae2-4db9-92a3-024f56c8e4da

Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Bites: http://www.andtheycookedhappilyeverafter.com/2013/01/07/apple-cinnamon-quinoa-bites-for-breakfast/


No comments:

Post a Comment